One year ago, Christopher brought home the coolest art project from school. They took paint and poured it on paper then tipping the paper back and forth let it paint a ooze trail across the paper. They repeated this with different colors until "presto" they had this awesome piece of art. I thought this would look great framed on the bathroom wall. It would fit right in with the brightly colored shower curtain.
We tried to copy Christopher's thing and it just didn't work right.
Then Tricia told me about a way to use foam board and mount different things on the wall, as opposed to using a frame.
Fast Forward to this last Thursday. During the day Dixon and tried the paint and marble trick and the paint streaks were much more what I was looking for. On Friday, Tricia came over and showed me what she was talking about. After she left, I finished the other 2 collages up while I was making Alex's Lego Cake. Over the weekend, we varnished it, so the water in the bathroom wouldn't spoil things. And today, I finally, finally put them up on the wall!!
I think they look great.
3 comments:
Yep they look great. What fun to create your own art work, I love the brightly colored shower curtain and all your collages. Love, Mom
That looks awesome!! It turned out way cute...
Congratulations on finishing! They work perfect with your shower curtain!
Post a Comment