Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fall is here!





Saturday was Alex's last soccer game, it was a great game. Alex is a fantastic punter and really enjoys the opportunity to kick the ball. That also explains why right now he is kicking a little blow-up ball in the Living Room. Maybe I need to find another physical outlet for my kids now that it is too dark and cold to regularly play outside after school. We were really grateful that only the last game was freezing cold.
Good Job Alex!

Rich added a battery backup sump pump to our existing sump pump (that he replaced last year). We were told this was pretty tricky, so for Rich to do this all by himself was a major feat. This way if the power goes out, our basement won't flood.
Congratulations Rich, you're a plumber now.



I finished up the additional 2 garden boxes that I had decided to add this fall. I spent all last week putting them together by myself during Brogan's nap times.
Earlier this year we weren't ready to plant because we hadn't got the 3 boxes done, so I decided to do it now instead of risking bad weather in the spring. The darker ones are the ones that we did in the spring so they are already stained. I'll stain the other two in the spring.
We've got three 4'X8' for vegetables, one 3'X3' for strawberries, and one 18" X 8' for raspberries.
Anyway, I finished! It was so much fun.
Come on Winter, we're ready!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visual on how cold is was at Alex's last soccer game., you can feel how cold it must have been, Great Job Alex!! You've really had a great season!
Rich, that's great that you connected the back up to the sump pump--way to go! Now the winter can be as wet as it wants.
Thanks too for showing us your grow boxes, they really look good!! The staining on them looks really good too. Spring can't come soon enough for me. I know we need a winter's rest.--Love Mom, Grandma and Dad, Grandpa

Sarah Oman said...

Wow! I love the garden boxes! what a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the boys in the leaves. The garden boxes is a cool idea.

Heidi Hamilton said...

You are an amazing go-getter! Wow! I keep saying I want to do a garden, but I never seem to get around to it. That's awesome that you got all those boxes put together - they look great!

Stocks Family said...

I love the garden boxes! I really want to do that sometime! Growing your own vegetables and fruit sounds great!
I love the soccer action shot!

It would be neat to meet halfway sometime. How far away are you?

Colleen said...

I can't wait to start "square foot" gardening like YOU... (and the Hansens, Weinerts, Graylesses, etc.)

As soon as I know we are not moving, I'm all over it!

Stocks Family said...

The message left from Ky is actually me. I messed up my account with doing some stuff for my son but now I fixed it!