We've had quite the Birthday Celebrations around here. Rich's birthday was yesterday and Alex turned 7 today. We had a few friends over for a Lego Party. We had a Lego cake, made in the shape of a 7, had an Lego estimation jar, and had a Lego tower building contest. We even had a run with Twister. I know that with older kids this game can be a bit interesting, but with 7 year olds it's absolutely hilarious. We also had the kids try their hand at building Legos. It was quite the crazy experience. Putting together these Lego creations isn't like just building a tower, the directions are simple but you have to be an engineer to follow them. The boys did great!
Rich's party was simple. I had set up for a friend of Christopher's to come over and play on Friday, and didn't realize that it was Rich's birthday that day. So we had pizza for dinner with Christopher's friend and then had Cherry pie with ice cream after the friend left. The store bought pie was a lot smaller than I thought and so Rich wanted it for our family. We got him "The Nightmare before Christmas" one of his favorite movies.
Brogan is starting to walk. He's taking 5 or so steps at a time. He's so excited about this new skill he's learning. One night he was walking between Rich and I and was past his tired point, he was punchy. It won't be long...
4 comments:
It looks like they had so much fun! I love the lego cake! That was a cute idea! My kids love the twister game too! That's always everyone's favorite!
- Chelsea
How did you make that lego cake? Awesome!!!
It was actually pretty easy. I just used 3 bread loaf pans and 7 cup cakes (because he turned 7 he had to have 7 candles and 7 cupcakes). I also found people that used a 10X13 with 8 cupcakes or a 8X8 with 4 cupcakes.
Very fun. Tyler had a blast.
Post a Comment