Where is this going?
Today is Easter. We have talked much about the Savior, his Love, and what He has done for us.
Tonight we watched Extreme Home Makeover. It had a family whose father is dying of brain cancer. The wonderful family had adopted 6 special needs children from China. Christopher kept asking if they were going to tell us whether the dad had lived or died. At the end of the show, they shared that the dad did pass on only 3 days after the family moved into the new house.
Let me segway, we just received news on Friday that our good friend's fight against cancer isn't over. He gets to start the chemo and surgery process again. He is uncle Dov to our kids and we pray for him and his family daily.
So at the end of the show. Christopher says, "I have a question..." with that very serious and emotional face that touches your soul. "Why are we here...? Why does Heavenly Father allow bad things to happen? Did Satan cause bad things to happen?" The boys know the answers to these questions. They could say the words to the song "I lived in Heaven".
But they became real tonight. Watching this wonderful family and the trials that they are going through, Christopher saw pain and happiness.
It was a wonderful moment.
I am so grateful for my family. I am grateful for my Savior and Father in Heaven who sent me here to earth so that I can one day live with Him again with my family. I am grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Happiness that gives me answers and peace in this time on earth.
4 comments:
What a sweet experience for your family. I just love those teaching moment, even if they have to be repeated over and over again. But then again--don't we as adults need to learn things over and over again as well? Maybe it's just me....... :)
This is Matt's favorite show too, so we watch it every Sunday with a box of tissue close by. That episode that night was hard to watch and see the family struggle and want more than anything for daddy to come home. We are grateful for our eternal family.
What a great lesson taught, you told it so well. We love you all. Love Mom and Dad, Grandpa Joe and Grandma Kay
I love kids! They are so sweet and innocent and they ask the best questions! You seem like great parents!
Post a Comment